Friday 13 November 2009

I admit it,I am not the best at making comments on peoples blogs.But there is one persons blog I read avidly and I sometimes write her a comment or if I feel she needs a bit more encouragment I've sent her an email.

I think she is an awesome scrapper and photographer and if I had just a smidgen of her talent I would be proud.Her name is Corinne Delis and she lives in Holland.Which is very unfortunate for me as she runs some amazing looking classes.So I live in hope that one day ,someone will recruit her over here for a retreat.

In August she posted a layout that just made me cry.It really struck a cord with me.I told her I was thinking of scraplifting the idea and did so the very next day.Its one of my favourite layouts and I was thrilled to get an email from Corinne asking for a link to my page and she left a comment on my Flickr site.It meant so much to me,as I really hold her in high esteem.

Now anyone who knows me ,knows that I hate to be kissed or cuddled.I hate anything demonstrative.It comes from a childhood devoid of any affection and I now can only show affection to my dog!!!!

So this was quite a hard layout for me to journal on.But I was determined to do it.So that one day my children will realise that the hard bitch,really did care.It was funny ,because I always leave my layouts out for them to see and comment on.This too date has been the only one my children haven't commented on.

See a bit of me has rubbed off on them and they keep themselves in check.Sad.
However my husband sent me a text that day to say to the best Mum in the world.Ahh.

Plus the scrap lift went on and my friend Hilary was inspired and she made a layout as well.


5 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Now your layout made me cry. How sad that you are unable to show affection to your children because you were never shown it. I think this layout is a start and I hope soon you will be able to tell your children they are loved. Beautiful layout -- I just may scraplift it from you!

Scrappi Sandi said...

We'll break you yet!!!

{{{HUGS}}} XOXOXOX!!!!!!

See you tomorrow!!

Melissa said...

Thanks for sharing this. Wanting to change is the first step to making the change so don't give up. I think every mum feels like they should be doing better, you're not alone.

Anonymous said...

That is such a lovley LO I can see why it made you cry it was so good talking to you and Sandi at the crop. I cerainly feel like i could be a better umu most of the time but my kids seem to be OK inspite of me:)

Val

Heather said...

That is a beautiful layout and very moving and I too believe every Mum feels that way and its mostly doing ourselves an injustice!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails