Friday 24 December 2010

Merry Christmas

IMG_5798pse

I hope everyone has/had a lovely Christmas.

Its the most laid back one I’ve ever had. For once I am not hosting the Christmas meal. I am cooking it at my sisters!!!!!

But it has taken the pressure of me.

This has been my home for the last week.

IMG_5808

but last night I’d had enough of being on my own. So we made my bed up on the floor next to the Christmas tree, so that I could watch a film (Atonement). I dosed up on every tablet and miracle of miracles my pain went. So much so, that I had a bath past midnight. The first pain free one for 8 months. Absolute HEAVEN. I even got to sleep in my old bed with my husband!!!.I slept a drugged sleep until nearly 11am.

So today I have been making the most of this slight respite from pain. I’ve finished all the cooking. The gammon ham is baked and carved. A batch of red velvet cupcakes made and of course it wouldn’t be Christmas without a chocolate Yule Log.

IMG_5815pse

So Merry Christmas to everyone, I hope you have a great holiday.

IMG_5733pse

IMG_5737pse

IMG_5747pse

Love from Karen XXXXXX

IMG_5795pse

5 comments:

Scrappi Sandi said...

So glad to read that you've had some pain free time & may I say that your 'nest' looks very cosy! have fun playing with Andreas many ovens & enjoy your day with everyone! Give Chris a kiss under the mistletoe from me & I hope to see you very soon in the New Year...keep taking the pills!! ♥

Hilary J said...

Happy Christmas! Pleased to hear your back is better. Have fun.

Denise said...

Happy Christmas to you and yours Karen - glad your pain eased a bit xx

Linda Whishaw said...

Merry christmas karen ! So sorry you've been so poorly but glad to hear you're feeling a bit better. I'm writing this on the best present ever, a MacBook from my boys. Enjoy the rest of your day. Speak next week. Love Linda x

kym said...

Hi Karen, I'm a bit late to say Merry Christmas, so Have a good pain free new year, I'v also had a stress free Christmas we came back today from a week in Suffolk, all 12 members of the family, with my personal chef 'Chris ' doing all the cooking....bliss....hope to see you soon kym xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails