Wednesday 11 May 2011

More shopping

 

Somehow I filled an entire day at the mall “over the road.”

IMG_8985I spent hours through out the day/night browsing through magazines and books at Barnes & Noble.

Along with a little nourishment from a cinnamon scone from the Starbucks in store.

 

 

IMG_8960-1I spent about an hour looking through a beautiful book by Barbara Streisand.It was amazing. It is full of pictures of her beautiful homes. She has a flair for interior design and gardening. One of her homes has an entire street built into the basement. With doll shops, a sweet shop and even an antique shop. The attention to detail in everything was amazing. Well worth a look if you ever find it in a book store.

 

I relaxed over an Alfresco lunch at California Pizza. It was so hot I sat outside on the terrace looking through Pottery Barn catalogues.

IMG_8975

I ordered a SALAD. The only place in the entire World where I have ever done this.

IMG_8976

IMG_8980

 

 

 

God knows how, but I managed even more shopping !!!!

And I still have a third of the shops to go?

 

 

 

 

 IMG_8988

I returned to our room, just as Hubby was going out for dinner with his clients. He had left me a pile of brownies and cookies.

He’s a feeder for sure.

I was very good I resisted.

 

I have done something major today. I have booked myself a hair appointment in a hair salon downtown in Chicago. I saw it highly recommended in In Styles hair magazine. That's was major enough for me. But I am going to have to drive myself there in an automatic car !! with no Never Lost in the car, no phone credit and just pieces of paper as a map !!!!

Wish me luck I need it.

Hilary I need you as the navigator……

and Sandra you can be the back seat driver again…….

4 comments:

Sharon said...

Automatics are easy peasy (most north american cars are auto) just put it in D and go ;)
I love reading your blog! (I moved to Canada 23 yrs ago from North Yorkshire.

Hilary J said...

Just on my way to the airport - be there soon....

Scrappi Sandi said...

Hang on Hilary...I'm right behind you (I know my place!!) Oh & Karen...if you're not going to eat that cookie...........

alexa said...

Sounds as if you're having a great time! and admiring your stamina... Hope you get to your destination and looking forward to seeing the result :).

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails