Sunday 3 June 2012

All the flags are out- North Herts Photographer

IMG_0915

Sorry, I have been away for so long. My feet have hardly hit the ground.  I have lots to share in the future. Today I had a day off from my mountains of photo editing.

The weather forecast for this weeks Queens Jubilee celebrations was dire. But I didn’t want to spend it sat at home , having not experienced any of the atmosphere. So today we jumped on a packed train to London. We knew we wouldn’t have a chance of getting near the Thames to see the Royal pageant, but we could soak in the day and have a spot of lunch in our favourite restaurant.

IMG_0791

IMG_0795

We saw squirrels being hand feed in St James Park

IMG_0853

and this old dear wanted her picture taken with Tasmin.

IMG_0803

we walked around and did a spot of shopping.

IMG_0800

and then headed towards the Thames.

2012 June Jubille paegent London

It was pretty empty along the riverbank by Westminster. We soon found out that was because the police were stopping any more from entering the areas along the entire length of the Thames. It was a shame really as there was loads of room. So we listened to the bells ringing out around us as the Queens boat went past and walked around enjoying the atmosphere.

2012 June Jubille paegent

IMG_0806

IMG_0808

Buckingham Palace was completely blocked off, for the upcoming concert. As we approached the tube station, the heavens opened, so we were on our way home at just the right time.

I hope everyone here in the UK, continues to make some great memories for the future. We have a street party to attend on Tuesday. the first I have ever been to. No street I have ever lived in has ever had one before. So I hope it stays dry for Tuesday.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails